Over the last 20 years the Medical Entomology Centre has been at the forefront of entomological research and expertise. Our experts have a broad range of knowledge covering all insects – foreign and domestic - arachnids and other arthropods. We work with medically important insects such as mosquitoes, lice, fleas, bed bugs, house dust mites, and cockroaches. We have a large number of stored product pests including the Indian meal moth, the grain weevil and spider beetles.
Our purpose built facilities house a multi-purpose laboratory, a specialist house dust mite laboratory, environmental chambers, CT Room, and seminar rooms.
We provide a confidential client based service tailored to our client’s needs and specifications. Our service includes initial component identification, formulation development and testing, vehicle analysis, and application methods through to clinical trials, regulatory affairs and product launch.
The work we carry out at the MEC is highly specialised and includes:
- Efficacy testing
- Insecticides, fungicides and Insect growth regulator assessments
- Repellency tests
- Attractant work (pheromones, bait stations and food)
- Direct and airborne sprays
- Residual applications
- Longevity studies
- Barrier fabric analysis and other treated fabric work.
- Air filters, steam cleaners, carpet cleaners and vacuum cleaners.
- Specialist chamber work.
- Physical methods of control.
We also provide an unrivalled service for;
- Baseline screening
- Formulation development
- Field trials and clinical trials Phase II, Phase III and Phase IV.
- Project management
- Report preparation
- Consultancy work.
For further information and protocols please contact:
Ian Burgess Director, email@example.com
Elizabeth Brunton Deputy Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.